2006-12-04

Paying and Winning

When shopping in Kuwait or going to one of the bigger supermarkets or even fixing your car, after you hand over your cash you are presented with your invoice and tickets to fill up so that you can win the car displayed outside, exotic villa or the next hot thing in Kuwait.

The number of tickets you get depend on the amount you paid. You could end up with 10 or more tickets to fill. Writing your information on those ticket stubs is a painful process ,you need to micro-write your name, address, Civil ID number, house phone, mobile phone, email, invoice number, date, salesman's name, retail branch's name all in a tiny 1 cm by 1 cm box on the paper.

I never bother to fill these tickets and find the nearest bin to throw them in.

Samsung Plaza in Korea had a draw for a Ferrari and ended up with 444 winners. Read the whole story here.

Did you ever win anything here in Kuwait or elsewhere?

3 comments:

  1. I won some tickets to see my favorite band once from a radio station. The funny thing was I never entered the contest I was automatically registered when I registered for some concert info from the station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mia: very cool, I once bought an New York lottery ticket where the jackpot was something like 200 million or more, I spent the whole time dreaming about how I was going to quit my job, and buying a private jet, and travelling everywhere, the next day my dreams where shattered when none of my numbers where drawn.

    maze: join the club ;-)

    ReplyDelete