2007-10-28

Genetic Disorders

The Amish are suffering from unknown and rare genetic disorders because of their intermarriages.

A lot of intermarriage are also happening among Arabs, either by marrying their first cousins because it is traditional to do so, or within their their immediate family to preserve the family name and lineage and maybe keep the money in the family also. A lot of people who marry outside the family or outside the country are looked down upon, although this is becoming less of an issue now.

The full Article is here.

tip for today: Marry someone as unrelated to you as possible. If you are already married, then it is too late.

3 comments:

  1. Slightly unrelated but anyways, how are your decaplets doing? I hope you chose someone as unrelated to you as possible for this bunch!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. QC: Babies are fine, swimming happily in their amniotic fluid.

    I did chose someone so unrelated, she is virtually non-existent ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what your communities are like, but I'm Kuwaiti and I don't know a single one of my relatives who is married to another relative ?!

    ReplyDelete