The following medical myths where proven untrue by scientists:
* People should drink at least eight glasses of water a day
* We use only 10% of our brains
* Hair and fingernails continue to grow after death
* Shaving hair causes it to grow back faster, darker, or coarser
*Reading in dim light ruins your eyesight
* Eating turkey makes people especially drowsy
* Mobile phones create considerable electromagnetic interference in hospitals.
Full article here.
A few of my own follow:
Mobile phones are not dangerous in airplanes, I had my mobile phone turned on in my carry on luggage and nothing happened to the airplane.
Eating Vegetables make you lose weight, if this is true, why are cows so fat?
Playing video games is a waste of time. Actually, I played a lot of video games and I got great hand eye coordination and an appreciation of the technology involved, therefore my time was not wasted.