2006-10-08

Book Tag

I got this tag from Mia's blog, even though Mia didn't not tag me exclusively. It is a pretty safe tag with no deep dark revelations so I thought it would be fun to do it. I was also accused of being a lazy blogger by Qatar Cat, which is true BTW. QC, it is hard to post anything inspirational with no coffee and an empty stomach so I do cheat, and I post from youTube, but the vids are carefully chosen to be entertaining yet have some value.

Back to the tag:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.


"In the mystery, on the other hand, the biggest scene of all, the actual murder, takes place offstage. Most of the emotions, in fact, are buried, hidden beneath facades and lies and secrets; it is the task of the detective to bring them to light. Much is told from the perpsective of the present looking back upon the past."

The book is, "How to Write Killer Fiction: The Funhouse of Mystery & the Roller Coaster of Suspense" by Carolyn Wheat.

Qatar Cat, you are tagged. Anyone one else would like to do this tag, you are welcome to do the tag also.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you're horrible! I don't do tags! I'll make an exception in your case though - but I'll post my answers RIGHT HERE.

    Book: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam by I.A. Ibrahim.

    Sorry on page 23 there is only 1 sentence (the rest is a huge illustration):

    Joining: The small clouds joining together to form a larger cloud.

    :P :P

    I don't tag anyone!

    And you're still a lazy blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QC: How nice, a picture book. I don't know if that counts as a book, but you bravely did the tag so I will let you off this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha DV no it's not a picture book, it's just that page 23 had a huge pic on it, of a pretty cloud. Otherwise you'd hear about frontal lobe of the brain (pg. 24) or roots of the mountains (pg. 22)

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how tags, like gossip, change along the way?

    I like your quote but I was also quite entertained by the banter between you and QCat ;)

    ReplyDelete