2006-10-16

Skype Missed Fortune

Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered.

William Shakespeare

Unfortunately for those fortune seekers con men, my fortune is not for the taking.

Don Veto

Someone through youtube.com tried to scam me, now someone through skype sent me this elaborate message. My comments are italicized.




[17:40:47] keneth camel says:

Barrister Kenneth Brown.esq
R.G.C Jenkins & Co.
26 Caxton Street
London SW1H 0RJ
United Kingdom.
Tel: +447040121147
Email: kent_479@yahoo.co.uk

R.G.C Jenkins & Co. is real law firm, specializing in patents, trademarks and design. Nice touch, having an orginal law firm.

ATTN:

ENQUIRY

With all due respect , I am Barrister Kenneth Brown, a senior partner in the firm of R.G.C Jenkins & Co ( Legal practitioners , advocates, corporate finance consultants and patent/registered trademarkattorneys) We are presently conducting a STANDARD PROCESS INVESTIGATION / RECOMMENDATION on behalf of PACIFIC TRUST FINANCE , a conglomerate of the PACIFIC TRUST GROUP. This questionaire may be an embarrassement to you since you have never met me before, but the importance of my enquiry serves as an opportunity for me to write you privately. As it may interest you to know, i got your contact from a very reliable source during my recent search for any existing relative to the deceased despite fruitless attempts in the past.

This investigation is in respect of a deceased customer who shares the same surname with you including circumstances surrounding his death.

The PACIFIC TRUST FINANCE customer died INTESTATE and nominated no successor in title over the deposited funds he had in a vault with the finance company. This client is presently having an unclaimed deposit in care of PACIFIC TRUST FINANCE COMPANY and we have been asked to make necessary enquiry and investigation to confirm whether this PTF late client have any extended relative or blood relation to secure his unclaimed funds before the company gets it confiscated since they have failed in previous searches through the embassy and mailing questionaires to his addresses both here and abroad have proved abortive.

I have personally contacted you in order to answer the following questions :

1. Are you aware of any blood relative or extended family of yours born on the 17th of February 1946 who shares the same surname with you and whose last known whereabout was England ?

My family was in Kuwait in 1946, it was the end of World War II, I did not have any relatives vacationing in England, I don't think blitzkrieg bombed London was a very touristy place just after the war ended.

2. Are you aware of any reasonable financial deposit made by this person at PACIFIC TRUST FINANCE ,an offshore financial investment arm of the PACIFIC TRUST GROUP?

3. If you are not related to this person, can you confirm your willingness to receive this unclaimed lodgment with PTF if you are LEGITIMATELY RECOMMENDED by my law firm to the finance company as the stand in next of kin?

Here is the bait, promises of fortunes untold if I make a false claim

4. Will you accept to donate a reasonable part of this sum as grant to charity and needy after receiving this payment?

With a nice little moral twist, it is ok to make a false claim, after all, it will be for charity!

It will be appreciated if you give true answers to the above highlighted questions to enable me determine whether or not you are to be recommended to the finance firm as the funds inheritor before they get it confiscated.

Be advised that, we are being restricted at this point from giving you further details in respect of this deceased customer and investigation / recommendation process for security reasons.

No further details, no mention of how much $$$$$, pounds, or kilos of Gold I will gain if I cooperate

I urgently await your response including answers to the above highlighted questions

Thank you .

Yours Faithfully,

Kenneth Brown . esq
Senior Partner,
R.G.C Jenkins & Co.
Tel: ,+447821761798.


No thank you, I don't need your money, and you can't have any of mine but thank you for considering me.

5 comments:

  1. Ha...And I thought the Nigerian ones were bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh I got one of those in my hotmail account. I'm also an Irish Lottery winner too you know. Funny thing is I don't remember ever entering a lottery. Rumor has is I am loaded. That's right DV you're looking at a wealthy chick and I didnt even have to work for a dime of it. Care for a cup of coffee on me of course? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scam!!!
    Its hard to believe that some ppl will be so greedy that they won't notice the tricky part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amer: now they are technology driven.

    mia: be proud, you got enough cash to be worth pursuing.

    ling: You would be surprised by the number of people that fall for stuff like that. If I answered them, the next thing they would ask would be my bank information, blank signed papers and an upfront payment for processing fees before I can get my hands on the promised fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, UK has lot of nigerians anyways...

    ReplyDelete