2006-11-25

Bathrooms and American Idol

I was sitting in the airport's bathroom stall doing my business and I hear this beautiful male voice singing, "if tomorrow never comes". I never liked the original Ronan Keating song but this time I was really enraptured. He had a wonderful voice and sang the song from begginning to end. He was better than the American Idol contestants we see with the pitiful attempts at carrying a tune.

I had a flash of inspiration just then, maybe American Idol can be held in the public toilets, with the three judges sitting in the stalls and the contestants entering and singing a tune. If the contestant gets two or more flushes from the stalls, the lucky winner gets to go to Hollywood.

Post inspired by the unidentified talent I heard and by Qatar Cat.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, people do sound better in the bathroom don't they!
    What a novel idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea...the judges can remain anonymous....

    ReplyDelete
  3. jewaira: the acoustics are perfect there.

    vie: yup, just some serious judging and no bothersome bantering.

    ReplyDelete