2006-11-13

A Poor Man's Car Stereo

A few weeks ago my car battery died on me and I had to replace it. Everything is fine now except my car stereo stopped working. My car stereo would not turn on, not because of any malfunction, but because it has one of those advanced security systems that requires you to enter a code if you ever disconnect the system and reconnect it again. That might be useful in the States where car stereos get ripped away from cars every few seconds, in Kuwait it is relatively safe and if someone breaks into your car he would be better off stealing the whole car instead of just the stereo. The result is I have been driving in deadly silence for the last several weeks. I am too lazy busy to go to the car dealership to have the Stereo security system reset so I can listen to music again, instead I proudly put together the Poor Man's Car Stereo.

A Poor Man's Car Stereo


Actually, I think the set up I have is not that low cost, I should call it the Lazy Man's Car Stereo. It has several advantages over my regular stereo with a greater music selection and instant song selection. I don't recommend fiddling with your iPod while driving, only at red lights. Also I need to break the habit of instinctively turning up or down the volume on my car stereo instead of reaching for my iPod and increasing the volume.

7 comments:

  1. "I need to break the habit of instinctively turning up or down the volume on my car stereo instead of reaching for my iPod and increasing the volume."

    heheh funny..

    emmm actually smart thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a way you can reset it yourself.

    I think there is a tiny button that you press, or some numbers you plug in.

    I know from experience, and I fixed it from the steps included in the manual.

    good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor man?? LOL...I wish I was that poor :p look at ya with the leather seats and ipod system... u have to go to the dealership and get it reset...my soon to be ex-hubby worked in cars and would reset certain cars (unknown which ones) by turning the key but not all the way about 7 times and that would reset it...try it...if it works ur welcome...if it doesnt...uhhmm u didnt hear that from me and go to the dealership ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh so nice. Poor man by patooty! A poor man's car stereo consists of his grandfather D battery operated AM/FM radio with a snapped off antena and a chewed up brown leather handle on top. Oh yea and it had an ear phone jack. The kind with 1 ear phone not the stereo head sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. buy a new sound system with a subwoofer and an amplifier and 500 watt speakers with tweaters and pump ur car up all at once. You need just to drop it off at the dudes place and pick it up in a few hours. It is worth it, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL about fiddling with the ipod while driving...i always have shuffle on and i skip songs i dont like but my eye is always on the road...but whenever ppl see me they think im using my phone and honk their horns at me! Even if im driving normally and doing nothing.
    Always annoys the hell out of me!

    ReplyDelete