2006-11-23

Street Sculptures in Prague

I found some wonderful examples of street sculptures in Prague, this one is a cloak with a shadow inside but as you get closer you see it is only a cloak with nothing inside it. I love the illusion.

Cloak Street Sculpture


This one is of a boy and girl sitting close on a bench, the boy has his arm around the girl and his other hand has a bitten apple. They look so life like.


Boy Girl on Bench



As I looked closer, I saw that the boy had a cigarette in his other hand.

cigarette


I turned away and looked again and the cigarette was gone. Wow! that boy sure smokes fast for a statue. Notice the carved graffiti on the bench, I though someone vandalized the bench, looking again it was the artist himself that put the graffiti all over the bench. Impressive.

4 comments:

  1. We have such sculptures in my city!
    I think the same metall, the same method.
    They put them in September on the main street of our city.
    Mother & her son on a banch & so on...
    But they are from 19 centuria- begin. of 20.
    Not so lively.

    When were you in Prague?
    Just now? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. moey: pretty cool, right?

    sever: I was in Prague last week, it is a beautiful city but freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete