2006-03-04

Fiber to the Home

I live in an area of Kuwait where we have no phone lines (ok it is South Surra). So I rely on my mobile for calls. For Internet, I had DSL before in my old house and I was spoiled, GPRS / EDGE on my mobile is not fast enough. I have a need for speed, so I installed a dedicated uplink / downlink VSAT satellite dish and equipment on my roof and I get extra fast speed, it is a expensive but I figured it is worth it.

Today at work, I get a call from my maid's mobile, she tells me some man outside wants to see me. I figured it was someone trying to sell me somthing useless like my name engraved on a copper plate, or pest control, or something, so I told her not to open the door and tell him to get lost.

I come back from work today and I see this card:

Fiber

If it is not clear, the card says:

Dear Building Owner,

Please note that MoC contractor who is going to lay optical Fiber Cables up to your internal box to provide telephone service failed to visit your premise today.

We will come back on:

Date: / / 2006
From: to :


Wow! Fiber all the way inside my house, lightspeed internet, video phones, cheap international calls, oops, maybe I should not say that last part.

Tomorrow, I wll be waiting for them, and I will invite them for coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner if need be. I am going to help them break any walls, dig any holes, anything to get that precious fiber. After they install the fiber, I will ithba7 5aroof under the junction box.

I can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. Thats sucks. You should asked who he was before you kicked him out. You and my husband are a pair. :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kill a sheep? Why? Break an egg. Grandma used to do that. When anyone gets a new car she'd break an egg under each tire. Each egg, she said, becomes a chicken, so breaking an egg is like killing a chicken. Break a whole box of eggs!
    And for some reason you should sprinke salt. Sounds more like scrambled eggs, I know


    (old 3ayam women's logic..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL

    you missed out the FIBER GUY @!@ oh well I hope he gets back tomorrow, hope you enjoy the Fiber experience I know i am at work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hussa: your husband sounds like a truly excellent man. ;-)

    scarlo: maybe I can break some eggs when I cook breakfast for the friendly fiber guys. They deserve it.

    q80-chill: I will be waiting, I better go to bed now so I can wake up early and be ready for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hug: what does your comment have to do with fiber to the home?

    ReplyDelete