2006-03-30

On a dark desert highway I found a marathon

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night


Actually, it was the Gulf Road this afternoon in Kuwait with a nearly empty tank of fuel. I was looking for a gas station and I see ambulances, police cars, regular cars with those flash thingies stuck on top and lots of people wearing blue and white walking energitically and some running. It was a marathon, oh shoot, I thought, I don't need my car stuck there, I can't run out of gas in the middle of this chaos. Luckily they had the left lane open for traffic and I managed to get through. I snapped a few pictures. Enjoy, maybe you can recognize someone. I still don't know what the marathon was about, there was a lot of NBK logos but I still don't know what it was about, maybe someone can enlighten me.



  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

3 comments:

  1. 13 pictures? a 'few' is thirteen? :-p

    Friday, 31st. 13 pics. 13 .. 31 ..

    Uh, it's just that i didn't sleep since thursday morning, lol. They could be celebrating some arsed occasion .. a belated-mother's day. Or perhaps there's a new occasion to celebrate that I don't know of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that was an "Environmental Program Walkathon" organised by UN...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hug: maybe, 1st prize is all your debts zeroed.

    scarlo: well I snapped a few, actually more than 13 but only posted the clear ones.

    ysf: thanks for telling me and everyone what it was about.

    ReplyDelete