2007-02-05

Kuwaiti Influence on Microsoft Vista


Hamad Darwish


Hamad Darwish was born in Kuwait and raised in Bayan. He is currently employed at the Kuwait Ministry of Health in the Radiology Department. He also has a passion for Photography, where he posted a lot of photos on Flickr.

One day, Hamad says, "I got a short Flickr message asking me if I was interested in selling some of my work, without mentioning the party that is interested in buying. After I replied to message saying “yes. why not”, I received a professional offer from Microsoft’s MSX Design Group. The moment I saw the Microsoft logo on the header, I didn’t know how to react! It was the most tremendous feeling ever."

The end of the story is that five of Hamad's photographs will be used in the Vista background and 90 Million people will be seeing Hamad's work everytime they use their computer.

Here is an Interview with Hamad.

Here is Hamad's blog.

Here is Hamad's Flickr Page.

2 comments:

  1. wow...all of his photos are so beautiful...and he aint that bad looking either :P

    ReplyDelete