2007-02-09

Signs

And the sign says "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you"


Signs - Tesla

I was walking down Fahad Al Salem Street (or Jahra street for the old timers) in Downtown Kuwait City this afternoon. While driving down towards the Sheraton roundabout, you can notice the old building with the distinctive old marble pillars. If you look close, you will see that all these pillars are half covered by different signs, especially near the bus stop.


Fahad Al Salem Street


I stopped to read the signs, here are a few:


Femail

Riggae

Sharing


One sign in particular caught my attention, it said:


Iraq


I know the work conditions can get very bad sometimes in Kuwait, but is it so bad that working in Iraq would be considered a career opportunity?

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa.. i liked the "Femail Hospital Cleaner" thing and "Reggae" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, but to put a sign about Iraq and get applicants means we have a lot of desperate waiters and waitresses.

    ReplyDelete