2007-02-05

Mac gets owned - by The Guardian

Here are some choice quotes from the article:

PCs are a bit rubbish yet ultimately lovable, whereas Macs are just smug, preening tossers.
---
I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.
---
Ultimately the campaign's biggest flaw is that it perpetuates the notion that consumers somehow "define themselves" with the technology they choose. If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality.

---

Full article here.

Disclaimer

I am technology agnostic, I don't care what I use as long as it does the job.

3 comments:

  1. Nice article.

    I'm an agnostic techie as well but what makes me stick with the mac is it's simplicity and best of wall it's out-of-viruses environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article especially the "Fisher-Price activity" quote, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Criticizer: A lot of Internet viruses come from IE, that is why I use Opera.

    mia: yeah, makes it sound like an expensive toy for babies.

    ReplyDelete