2007-06-12

Shamiyah Starbucks Suggestions

I always take my laundry to the Shamiyah Laundry. I tried other Laundromats and they always return my clothes faded different colors or wrongly pressed.

Today, I went around 8pm to the Shamiyah Laundry. The clothes where not ready but I was promised that they would be ready by 9pm. I thought it would be a good opportunity to have a coffee at Starbucks and read a newspaper while I waited. Starbucks is just a few meters from the Laundry inside the Shamiyah so called Mall.

I was sitting, enjoying my coffee and catching up on the latest news, when one of the waiters came by and asked me to fill up a suggestions pamphlet. I don't have any major complaints about Starbucks; their service is ok and reasonably fast and clean.

After I finished reading the newspaper I took pen in hand and wrote some suggestions.


Starbucks Suggestions Pamphlet


My handwriting is atrocious, so I will translate here:

1) Deliver order to table.

It would be really nice if they delivered the order to the table, I don't mind standing in line to place my order, but I don't like to have my number called like a nameless sheep and rush to the red light to take my order.

2) Don't ask or suggest extras for my order.

I know what I usually want for my order, I don't need extra whipped cream, or banila blaybo added.

3) Don't shout the everybody's order.

Legend has it that Starbucks did a study and found out that their workers are more productive if they shout the order to each other. Well I don't care much for Starbucks culture, just take the order quietly and make sure you make it fast and right.

4) Put more couches and satellite TV.

Starbucks contrary to other places have nice comfortable couches to allow you to lay your lazy ass and drink your coffee. Everyone likes those couches, so get rid of the chairs and put more couches. While you are it, install flat panel TVs everywhere with satellite and put remotes on each couch.

5) Put video games.

If they apply my suggestion number 5, might as well put some video games and have people playing their hearts and fingers out.

6) Allow customers to make their own coffee.

Watching all these Starbucks waiters make coffee for me I thought it would be fun if I was let loose on the coffee machine, I would make a four shot espresso with a little vanilla steam the place up.

7) Give free WiFi Internet.

The cofee is already steeply price, I don't think Starbucks will lose much if they made the Internet free as part of the service.

3 comments:

  1. i like your comment about shouting the orders.

    it's pretty funny and true.

    maybe they are more productive?

    nah! i doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blabo! *dying laughing* And we all know what that means!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. would have to up the price on your drink to get more tables and for the extra baristas to carry your drinks over to you
    2. that was during the "customize your drink" bad-timing i suppose, they really just want you to spend more money on another shot of espresso
    3. you'd be shouting too if you were standing next to the blender or the screaming pitcher of milk for those yummy lattes
    4. gotta agree with you on that one... but those couches really never get cleaned X(
    5. totally agree- guitar hero challenge anyone?
    6. customers can't even clean up after putting milk and sugar in their coffee and the espresso machines are thousands of dollars-- can you think expensive lawsuits if someone burned themselves or broke a machine?
    7. i work for starsux and even I wish the wi-fi was free. it's through T-mobile so take it up with them.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete