2006-01-25

Text Messages from your mobile - speed record

Whenever there is an event that captivates everyone around you, seconds later you hear the familiar beeping of your mobile and there is a juicy line of gossip, a running rumor, a jolly joke, or extreme tastlessness text message waiting to be read on your mobile. You read, smile, belly laugh, frown or feel like you ate something bad then almost as a reflex, you pass it on to the next victims.

Have you ever wondered who the authors are that write those pico proses and send them out to the populace?

Well, I will not be revealing who these authors are but I am sure they have overgrown thumbs and can write at the speed of thought.

One such person is Kimberly Yeo, a business student in Singapore has managed to break the Guiness world record by typing "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" in 43.24 seconds. The article is here.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Don Veto,

    That's Just hillarious!

    truly,
    Misguided

    p.s I bet I can still beat her on a PS2 game.... two thumbs are better than one

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use your mobile dictionary.. doesn't that make typing fast? I do it all the time. Never counted seconds, but will have to do that and see ...

    Nice post :-) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I could beat that :D

    I send tons of sms every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are speaking about?

    (going to switch her mobile off)

    Don Veto, there is something for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. misguided: me too, I can destroy her on PS2, escpecially in mortal kombat.

    ms.baker: merci beaucoup.

    scarlo: she wasn't using it fort the record. I personally do use it, I hate messages like "wr R u?" I like my sentences complete and properly spelled out.

    cat: I got friends that use the mobile for texting like a typewriter with their mobile on their lap and 2 fingers on each hand typing away. Amazing to watch.

    sever: hehe, my mobile just rang and I did not answer :-D

    nunu: thanks.

    ReplyDelete