2006-09-29

Scariest Movie Moments

Blockbuster did a survey of the scariest horror movie moments for Halloween, the results where:


  1. The Ring: Samara crawls out of the television

  2. Hannibal: Hannibal Lecter dines on Ray Liotta's brain

  3. The Exorcist: Regan's upside-down spider walk down the stairs

  4. Blair Witch Project: The final chase through the abandoned house

  5. Alien: The birth of the alien baby out of John Hurt's chest

  6. The Exorcist: Regan's head spinning around backwards

  7. A Nightmare on Elm Street: An invisible Freddy Krueger drags his victim across the ceiling

  8. Poltergeist: Carol Anne announces "They're here!" in front of a static TV

  9. The Shining: Danny encounters the murdered twins

  10. Seven: The "Sloth" corpse rises up



I know the ring really scared me; here is the trailer if you did not see it:



In Hannibal, eating out of Ray Liota's brain was just like eating sushi, it did not realy scare me.

One scene not listed in the top ten survey that scared me also was the kid in the Sixth Sense saying, "I see dead people". For the rest, I just admire the special effects and wonder, "How did they do that?", and they don't really grab me.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there is no mention of Night of the Living Dead - the all time scariest movie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Japanese version of The Grudge hands down! Sixth Sense scared the bee-jeezus out of me when the little girl gets in his tent oh yeah and... never mind the whole movie scared me..lol

    ReplyDelete