2007-01-18

Ghetto latte


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


On my Google Home page I have a list of the top 30 keywords requested in various search engines (I think, it could be some other source). You have your usual Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc. but one set of keywords that caught my eye was Ghetto Latte. I like to think that I know my coffee but I never heard of Ghetto Latte. So I followed the link and after a few clicks I found out.

According to the Free Dictionary, "Ghetto latte or bootleg latte refers to a latte where the customer has used the free milk and other condiments to convert a cheaper drink into an approximate copy of a more expensive one. This practice can be regarded as a form of arbitrage. Similar forms of arbitrage have existed in the past for other products including hamburgers."

So that means, you go to Starbucks, order an Espresso, go to the condiments stand, pour yourself some hot milk, pour your espresso over it, add sugar, stir and you get your Ghetto Latte.

You learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment