2005-10-09

Best Movie Scene Ever - Scent of a Woman

Who remembers this movie scene from "Scent of a Woman" ? This is the best movie scene ever made.



Frank: Excuse me, Senorita. Do you mind if we join you? I'm feelin' you're being neglected
Donna: Well, I'm expecting somebody.
Frank: Instantly?
Donna: No, but any minute now.
Frank: Any minute? Some people live a lifetime in a minute. What are you doing right now?
Donna: I'm waiting for him.
Frank: Would you mind if we waited with you? You know, just to keep the womanizers from bothering you.
Donna: No, I don't mind.
Frank: Thank you. Charlie. You know, I detect a fragrance in the air. Don't tell me what it is. Ogivile Sisters soap.
Donna: Ah, that's amazing.
Frank: I'm in the amazing business.
Donna: It's Ogivile Sister soap. My grandmother gave me three bars for Christmas.
Frank: Oh I'm crazy about your grandmother. You know I think she'd have liked Charlie, too.
Charlie: Don't pay attention to him.
Frank: What's your name?
Donna: Donna.
Frank: Donna? I'm Frank. This here is…
Donna: This is Charlie.
Frank: Yes, she likes you. Charlie's having a difficult weekend, he's going through a crisis. How does he look like he's holding up?
Donna: I think he looks fine to me.
Frank: Oh, she does like you, Charlie. So Donna, ahh… do you Tango?
Donna: No I wanted to learn once, but…
Frank: But?
Donna: But Michael didn't want to.
Frank: Michael, the one you are waiting for.
Donna: Michael thinks the Tango's hysterical.
Frank: Well, I think Michael's hysterical.
Charlie: Don't pay any attention to him. Did I already say that?
Frank: What a beautiful laugh!
Donna: Thank you, Frank.
Frank: Would you like to learn Tango, Donna?
Donna: Right now?
Frank: I'm offering you my services… free of charge. What do you say?
Donna: Ah… I think I'd be a little of afraid.
Frank: Of what?
Donna: Afraid of making a mistake.
Frank: No mistakes in the Tango, Donna, not like life. It's simple, that's what makes the Tango so great. If you make a mistake, get all tangled up, just Tango on. Why don’t you try? Will you try it?
gonna: All right. I'll give it a try.





I especially like the part when Al Pacino says "Some people live a lifetime in a minute.", did you ever have a single minute moment that was worth the whole year? Well that is exactly how I understand Al Pacino meant when he said that.

1 comment:

  1. When I first read through the scene, I was like "meh :/"..

    But then when I read it while envisioning the cadence of Pacino's raspy voice... Bingo!! Pacino has always been my favorite actor, and a great actor can really bring out the power in a script.

    And speaking of living a lifetime in a minute.. YES I'VE FELT THAT!! Afterwards... I couldn't believe how that moment felt like it was in slow motion. I had time to drink in every detail... observe things from every angle... Like traveling to another dimension. It was all caught on tape, and it turned out the actual moment took less than 30 seconds.

    Oh... And MY favorite line was "I'm in the amazing business.." :D

    Gigi, amazingly

    ReplyDelete