2005-10-07

I hate in your face ads

I hate advertisements that are forced on me. For example I park my car for a few minutes in a public parking, I come back and find 3 glossy leaflets under my window wiper which I only notice after I am driving and they stick to my windshield blocking my view while I am speeding past an orange traffic light. I then to do some acrobatics and to open my driver's window, turn on the windshield wipers on and try to grab those pesky ads.

I wish I could sue those companies for nearly causing a traffic accident.

Or don't you hate those cheap sticker ads that get stuck on your grand Italian marble entrance of your villa, advertising satellite installations, air conditioning cleaning, sewage draining, and cockroach control. I want to call all those guys up at once and ask the pest control guy to get rid of those pests starting with himself, and why do these cheap ads have mobile numbers, I get a feeling it is a corporation run by 1 person that is learning his job at your expense and time.

I once got in an argument with a satellite installer and to prove to me how competent he was, he stated, "I have been installing satelites for the last 25 years", I quickly replied, "I am an electric engineer and home digital satellite where only invented in the last 15 years, so I don't what you where installing at that time!?!"

Propably was into cockroach control or something high tech like that.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahha the satellite installer story is so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, Electrical engineer hah, ya3ni my colleague with a difference of few years ;), your story reminded me when I first graduated and my dad wanted to test my credibility as an Engineer, his central AC was out of order and he wanted me to fix it as a proof. LOL
    Ok back to the subject; what really irritates me are the direct ads through mobile communication, especially when I’m traveling and can’t see the caller, and my phone bill increases each minute until I realize who is the caller and what is the call about.I think that no one has the right to call me on my personal number and waste my time with his/her ad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayya:

    These direct calls make me crazy also, as soon as I realize its an ad, I just close the phone. Rude, I know, but it was rude of them to invade my precious time and privacy.

    ms. milk:

    I don't mind SMS ads, they are a nuissance but easily solved with the del/c/...button.

    Everyone:

    Sorry about the typos and bad grammar in my last post, I saw it after I posted and was too lazy to fix it. I thought it would give it a nice angry character tone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can identify with the in-your-face ads feelings. I also hate it and play the same catch the poster game in my car. I have gotten quite good at it. The challenge is to get rid of the posters on the passenger side. One trick I some time use is to floor it.
    Does it work? Well, yes, except you have to have a big wallet for the speeding ticket.

    ReplyDelete