2005-10-28

Stop Bugging me for registration

Ever followed a news link and you get asked to register first?

It happens a lot to me. A few of these sites even assume they your are in the States and ask for your zip code. I rarely sign up but when I do, and leave the zip code empty, it comes back to me with an error. I don't have a zip code, I am in Kuwait. Anyway, what I do is put in 90210 which is the only correct zip code I remember. It usually also wants your email so it can spam you later. I am straying off the subject. What was I talking about? Ok, I remember.

There is a cool site called bugmenot.com that lets you enter the URL of that registration deprived news sites and suggests a user name and password.

Thank you bugmenot.com. Tell everyone about it and fight forced registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment