2005-10-02

Dubai Palms Project

Palms Project


Here is a picture of the Dubai Palms project, where an artificial palm shaped island is being built. When completed, the resort will sport 2,000 villas, 40 luxury hotels, shopping centers, cinemas, and other facilities. When completed, the resort is expected to support a population of approximately 500,000 people.

When I heard about the Palms project, I thought it was a clever photoshopped logo for the Nakheel Co. I did not realize they where serious until I saw it while flying on my way to Dubai and seeing it from the airplane window.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing civil engineering feat :) Dubai is also doing the World. A project similar to the Palm. They are reclaiming islands to form the world as we know it today. Each island costs an average of US$2m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the world from the plane also, still taking shape but you can distinguish the continents.

    It is rumoured that Rod Stewart bought the full United Kingdom already. A Kuwaiti company bought all of Australia for a few $100 million also.

    ReplyDelete